Before hitting the HSBC Credit Card Apply button let us know why you should choose HSBC Visa Platinum Credit card. The HSBC visa platinum card comes with various offers and benefits with exclusive privileges. The cardholder can earn rewards points and get access to various premium services like zero lost card liability and emergency card replacement.
If you are looking for a lifetime free credit card then the HSBC Visa Platinum credit card is the best option for you as it has no annual/joining fees. It is an entry-level card and is basically for those individuals who are new to the credit scene. The best part about this card is that it provides a sign-up bonus of INR 2,250 which is a decent offer compared to other lifetime free cards available in the market. Additionally, the ongoing offers such as Tata CLiQ, Book My Show, etc. add value to this card.
Key Highlights of HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card
|Card Type||Lifetime Free Card|
|Best Suited for||Lifestyle Benefits|
|Minimum Income Required||INR 4,00,000|
|Welcome Offers||Vouchers from Amazon, Swiggy, etc.|
|Best Feature||10% cashback up to INR 2,000 on making a minimum of 5 transactions|
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card – Features and Benefits:
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is an entry-level card that offers various benefits and rewards to its customers. It provides benefits across a few more categories, including entertainment, lifestyle, etc. The detailed benefits of the card are as follows –
- Welcome Benefits – HSBC Credit card holders can enjoy welcome privileges if they spend INR 1000 within 30 days of receiving the card. The following are the welcome benefits:
- Get an Amazon Voucher worth INR 500.
- Get 3 complimentary domestic and international lounge access or 3 meal vouchers at airport restaurants in India.
- You get a 50% discount (up to INR 100) on the first transaction on Google Pay.
- Cardholders will get 10% cash back on five transactions with a total spend of INR 10000 within the first 60 days of issuance of the card.
- Milestone Benefits – The Cardholder will get a cashback of INR 250 if he spends INR 50000 in the calendar year. The maximum cashback that a cardholder can get is INR 1000.
- Movie and Dining Benefits – You get a “Buy 1 Get 1” offer on booking movie tickets on Saturdays through Book My Show. The maximum limit of discount is capped at Rs.250.
- Other Benefits –
- You get a 10% discount up to Rs.300 on Tata CLiQ on a minimum transaction of Rs.1000 once a month every Thursday.
- Every Thursday the cardholder will get a 10% discount up to INR 1500 on electronics. The minimum transaction should be INR 3000 once a month.
- With an HSBC Credit card, the cardholder will get a 10% discount up to a transaction of INR 1500 on the Tata Cliq luxury website. Minimum transaction of INR 5000 once a month on every Thursday.
5 HSBC Visa Platinum Rewards Points – The reward points offered by HSBC Visa Platinum in different categories are mentioned below –
- You will earn 2 reward points if you spend INR 150.
- You can earn 5x rewards if you spend INR 400000 in the calendar year.
Reward Redemption –
- You can redeem your reward points under the HSBC Reward program for gifts, vouchers, home appliances, and donations.
- On the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, you can easily convert your reward points into Air Miles (InterMiles/ British Airways/Singapore Airlines).
- The maximum value for one reward point is equal to 0.37
- In the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, the cardholder can convert his reward points to Taj inner circle I. e. 10000 RP = 1000 Taj Inner circle.
- For British Airways (Executive Club) Conversion, 1 reward point is equivalent to 1 Avios Mile.
- For Inter Miles conversion, 2 reward points are equivalent to 1 Inter Mile.
|Finance Charges||3.3% p.m. (39.6% p.a.) computed from the date of transaction|
|Add-on Fee (per annum)||Nil|
|Interest-Free Credit Period||Up to 45 days|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on extended credit usage||5% of the total payment due to the statement plus greater of past due or over the limit due (if any), subject to a minimum of INR 100. Interest will be charged on the extended credit as per the terms and conditions|
- HSBC Visa Platinum Credit card is a lifetime free card that has zero annual fees.
- The interest rate on this card is 3.49% per month, which is charged on the outstanding amount of the card after the due date.
- The cash advance fee on the Visa Platinum Credit Card is 2.5% of the amount withdrawn, subject to a minimum fee of INR 500.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the card is 3.5% of the total amount spent on foreign currency transactions.
HSBC only asks for a few documents required for your application to be accepted. The following are the required documents –
- The Aadhar Card and PAN Card of the applicant as the proof of income and proof of address.
- Latest salary slips/bank statements of the applicant as income proof.
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card Eligibility Criteria –
To qualify for getting HSBC Visa credit card some eligibility criteria are to be met–
- The age of the applicant should in between 18 years to 65 years of age.
- The applicant’s income should be stable and good i.e. minimum of INR 3 lakh per month.
- The card will be issued to only salaried people, in case a self-employed person want a card he should have a saving/current account in HSBC Bank.
- The applicant should be a resident of India.
- The applicant should be from one of these cities: Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Noida, Kolkata, Pune, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Ahmedabad.
How to Apply For HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card –
You can apply for an HSBC Visa card online as well as offline, whichever mode is convenient for you. If you want an offline mode then you can visit the nearest branch of HSBC bank and fill out the application form with the help of the bank’s representative. To apply online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit HSBC’s official website of the bank. Click on Banking.
- Then under ‘Credit Cards,’ select the Visa Platinum Card.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- At last, start your application by entering your name and mobile number and proceed further.